Effective Date: 8/2/2018
"Cookies" are small data files transferred by a website to your computer's hard drive. Avant or its service providers send cookies when you surf our Website or websites where Avant ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. Accepting the cookies used on our Website, websites that are "powered by" another company on Avant's behalf, websites powered by Avant for another company, or websites where our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing preferences, which we may use to personalize and enhance your experience. Cookies are typically classified as either "session" cookies or "persistent" cookies.
- Session cookies do not stay on your computer after you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Generally speaking, web browsers automatically accept cookies by default. That being said, you can typically prevent cookies or selectively accept cookies by adjusting the preferences in your browser. If cookies are not accepted, there may be some features of our Website that will not be available, and some websites may not display properly. In most instances, however, a customer may refuse a cookie and still be able to navigate our Website without issue.
The following list is an example of cookies that Avant may use on its Website:
- Security Cookies – Session cookies used to support security measures within the Website.
- Avant – Contains a session cookie recognizing applicants to process credit applications through completion.
- Iovation – Contains a cookie to identify an applicant's electronic device.
- H Online – Contains a cookie to identify an applicant's electronic device.
- Google Analytics – Web analytics tracking.
- Google Adwords – Conversion tracking.
The Website uses Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Website and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about how Google uses and shares personal information and about any choices you may have with regards to your personal information by visiting their website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
What Additional Information Avant collects:
In addition to the information listed above, additional collected personal information may include:
- Basic identifying information (for example, your name, address, email, telephone number, and date of birth);
- Employment information, and other account qualification information;
- Network or device-related information such as an IP address;
- Information about your physical location;
- Anonymous information about the web pages you visit; and
- Any other personal information that you provide.
How Avant Uses and Shares Information.
We use personal information that we collect in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services and to fulfill contractual obligations to you;
- To communicate with you about our Website or services, such as to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Website or services;
- For a specific purpose or for legitimate business purposes;
- To provide you support or other services you request, such as providing technical support or answering questions about our Website; and
- To maintain and improve our Website and diagnose any problems with our Website to improve user experience.
We reserve the right to share information, including personal information, with third parties as described below:
- With service providers that help us perform Website functions and administer our services;
- Within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, to the extent permitted by law;
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation;
- If we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- If we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law; and
- With any other third parties with your consent or for our legitimate business purposes.
How long does Avant keep personal information collected online?
- Avant may keep records of any information and transactions that a customer enters into or provides in accordance with Avant’s record retention policies.
- Avant may still need to keep personal information of customers to ensure that systems reflect your preferences even if a customer has chosen to opt out of allowing Avant to use that customer's personal information for marketing purposes.
- Avant may keep other information about a customer only to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws and to further legitimate business needs.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third Party Websites.
The Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Avant. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party website. You are subject to the policies of those third party websites, where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites before you disclose your personal information.
We do not currently take actions to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
The effective date of this Policy is the date provided above. Any updates or changes to the Policy will be posted on this Website with the new effective date of changes. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by sending you electronic notification of the changes. Please check this Policy each time you use our Website to ensure you are aware of any changes in our practices. Your continued use of this Website constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this Policy.
For quality assurance purposes, we and our authorized partners may monitor or record all telephone communications.
Our Website is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13.